Hi Paolo,

2009/10/11 Paolo Lucente <pa...@pmacct.net>:
> Was wondering if it could be a counter-rollover issue. Did you configure
> pmacct to compile with the "--enable-64bit" knob?

yepp, pmacct has been compiled with the --enable-64bit switch.

> Apart from the above - given you are aggregating on "src_host,dst_host"
> in pmacct, to save some precious space on your Sup720 NetFlow TCAM, i
> would recommend to use the "mls flow ip interface-destination-source"
> profile instead.

Thanks, i played around a bit with the mls flow-options on the cisco
box and figured out that the problem in my case is the lack of free
space in the netflow table on the cisco device. Using "mls flow ip
interface-destination-source":
Netflow table utilization of module 5 is 99%

With "mls flow ip interface-source":
Netflow table utilization of module 5 is 32%

But even with interface-only configured i get a 99% usage when i add
some more interfaces generating netflow data. As it looks like the
netflow table size is fixed on the sup720 card i'm thinking about
splitting up the interfaces into some that generate netflow data via
the cisco box and some that have netflow data generated using fibre
taps and some BSD boxes using pmacct (maybe with PF_RING?) generating
netflow data sending this data to the central nfacctd-box. Opinions on
that?

> Just curiosity: did you enable that "mls netflow interface" on purpose
> or it's there by itself?

Nope, it's there by itself on newer IOS releases, at some time the
"global" netflow config was deactivated. Now you need to configured
netflow for every interface apart...

Thanks,
Chris