On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 09:36:35AM +0200, Zenon Mousmoulas wrote:

> You are right. So far the only reason for v9 was exporting BGP next-hop.
> I would wish that IPv6 accounting was supported, but it isn't, on this
> platform.
> In that respect, v9 turns out to be just a more expensive way to export
> the same information as v5.

Correct. Other than IPv6, another strong point of NetFlow v9 would be
MAC accounting. I say would, because L2 primitives are even mentioned
as part of the RFC but implementation is mostly lacking among vendors.
Little is there in this respect, mainly software NetFlow probes and
low-end router platforms. And MAC accounting would improve accuracy
while determining which party is sending traffic into your AS at
internet exchanges.

>>> Source peer ASN calculation does not seem to be affected by this
>>> setting, however. Nfacctd still misses it somehow.
>>
>> Maybe more effective if i give this a brief look to see where the
>> problem is. I'll contact you privately and we might post a summary
>> afterwards.
>
> OK

Summary for the list is: the number of configured map entries were not
fitting within the default pre-allocated size of the map. It had to be
raised via the pre_tag_map_entries directive.