Hi Paolo,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Paolo Lucente wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:16:37AM +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure about adding a new config switch, do we actually need it?
>
> Funnily enough, and that was my perspective, in this case a configuration
> switch only adds two if-then-else in the common SQL plugins code. Whereas
> impact of a new schema version you can verify it yourself by grepping the
> source code for 'sql_table_version'.

I think the code that uses sql_table_version has been well written, and
none of these places should need to be changed at all.

The only place that should need changing, I hope, is the one line of
sql_common.c that currently says:

  if (!strcmp(config.type, "mysql") || !strcmp(config.type, "sqlite3")) {

and would now check for sql_table_version <= 7 (or similar) instead.

So this change does not actually increase the code complexity, or the
number of config options, at all.

> I'd target release 0.12.5 for this as 0.12.4 is planned to be out soon
> (by end of the month). Will give a shout as soon as i get something
> workable in the CVS.

That would be great, please do!

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.