Hi Paolo,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Paolo Lucente wrote:

Would be great if: 1) you can upgrade to something more recent than that,
ie. issue could be related to timestamps and fix might well be in some
other parts of the code (pkt_handlers.c pops to mind)

I will probably do this soon as I'm intending to do more work on pmacct development. However it would be great if Ubuntu would pick up more recent versions of pmacct in their newer releases. I'm running the latest release, Oneiric. Are you in touch with the package maintainer?

I'd particularly like to add some more identifying information to the list of aggregation primitives, to help connect pmacct traffic logs with Squid logs, to associate website names to them. However I was completely confused about where to start on my first attempt to achieve this (adding new primitives). I was wondering whether it would be easier to write a classifier that would inspect the first packet of the stream and stuff the TCP ISN into the classification field? Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

and/or 2) manage to reproduce the issue.

I'm afraid this is probably impossible. I rarely run packet logging on my laptop and I wasn't at that time. It has happened a few times, but rarely.

Apart of the above, agree 100% with your thoughts about cleaning up a bit; i have that on my todo list (along with other related things, ie. creating a sql_cache_free_entries() routine).

Excellent :) Simpler and more flexible code would make it much easier to work on and extend pmacct.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.