Hi Yossi,

Sure, the divide and conquer approach is valid. I'm suggesting this idea
essentially every time i present pmacct around. See, for example, page #33
of the following PDF: http://www.pmacct.net/ripe61-planning-v1.pdf

On a side note, the parameter on which the collector should be scaled upon
in terms of NetFlow is the arrival packet rate, ie. in Mbps, rather than
the amount of routers exporting NetFlow data. Such metric should be readily
available if NetFlow is already leveraged in a backbone. Alternatively the
empirical approach, ie. trialling the software on some spare hardware, is
typically rewarding without lots of efforts.