Hello there,

I'm about to extend the schema on my large sfacct mysql table, to support IPv6 addresses, but there is a thing that seems strange to me.

In the README.IPv6 document, it's suggested that for IPv6 support, the columns keeping IP addresses should be char(45).

Looking at the default size for IPv4 addresses, it seems like there's no "overhead" calculated into the size of column, so why is char(45) suggested instead of char(39) for IPv6 fields? 39 chars should be able to hold an entire, non-shortened IPv6 address.

Hope to have some light shed on this - I'm probably just missing something ;-)

Thanks in advance.

/Thomas