Hi!

We are testing pmacctd (or more specifically nfacctd) to collect netflow
data from a Quagga router. To export the flows we are using ipt-netflow
which seem to be working nicely. We did however run in to some issues when
trying to set up the BGP daemon of nfacctd to also collect src/dst AS and
AS paths.

The BGP session opens as expected and nfacctd is receiving UPDATEs until
suddenly it reports that it "Received malformed BGP packet (marker check
failed)". After this, the BGP session keeps flapping between Idle and
Established and no new UPDATEs are received.

Has anyone seen this issue or have any idea what we might be missing? I'm
posting the BGP parts of our nfacctd configuration at the bottom as well as
the Quagga configuration.

Thanks!
Felix

nfacctd:
bgp_daemon: true
bgp_daemon_ip: x.x.x.3
bgp_daemon_max_peers: 5
nfacctd_as_new: bgp
bgp_daemon_msglog: true
bgp_agent_map: /var/run/nfacctd_peer.map

Quagga:
 neighbor x.x.x.3 remote-as <ASN>
 neighbor x.x.x.3 description "Internal Netflow"
 neighbor x.x.x.3 route-reflector-client
 neighbor x.x.x.3 prefix-list netflow_in in