> >There is a MS client on
> > sourceforge that supports some kind of editing, including basic
> > topologysupport, the name slipped my mind.
>
> Is it AppforMap? http://appformap.mapuse.net/

yes, I guess.

> > If you want to work on editing with pmapper, you can have a look at the
> > measure functions, that come closest to some kind of editing
> > functionality. Adding points to a PostGIS table seems for me a viable
> > way (I used once for testing), everything else will become a bit
> > complex, I guess.
>
> For editing, what is easiest? To work directly on shp files or on postgis
> layers?

I already mentioned the problems you might run into when editing shapefiles
with multiple users. So PostGIS is for sure preferable in this case. But
anyway, I'm still wondering how you want to ensure topology. In my opinion
this can only be done really correctly when using a Java applet or something
similar that has some topological logic included. There was once a Java
applet by Steve Lime allowing sort of editing. But that all leads to a
somewhat bigger approach than what p.mapper is intended for.

armin