Walter,

there was a problem that in occasions of slower server connections could
cause a delay of the new image to be loaded. It first swapped back to the
old image, then loaded the new. But I never found that it did not load the
new one at all. It was resolved (I hope) on later development versions.
Please try once the latest for download at

http://www.pmapper.net/dl/pmapper2-2006-01-11.zip

and see if it still has that problem. The versions until 1.9.4 anyway had no
working resizing functionality of the map.

armin