More support for WMS (like adding a WMS by the client) is on my todo
list since some time. This could then also include the support for WMS
legends. The question is a bit how this might look like because the
current legend is cerated as HTML, just with some image icons per class,
whereas legends from a WMS would just be a picture for the whole layer.

My plans for WMS client layers were to have them as separated category
or so. If a WMS layer defined via the map file, one has to decide how
the legend fits into the current structure. I started currently to
re-write the legend stuff because the current ones are difficult to
maintain and have some problems with IE and pmapper 2. I could then also
test how WMS layers could be ingested.

Armin