Dennis-Jan

did you have a look at the licensing clauses of ActiveWidgets at

http://www.activewidgets.com/licenses/faq.htm

I find it quite confusing, and I don't understand if one can use it for
free or not, without any restrictions. Or just if you publish all of
your developments that include ActiveWidgets also under the GPL. The
first 3 paragraphs are somewhat contradictory.

And having had a look what they write in their beta release 2 makes me
feel that I don't really like this company:

        "WARNING: This software program is protected by copyright law
        and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or
        distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result
        in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted
        to the maximum extent possible under the law.

        FOR TESTING AND EVALUATION ONLY:
        This software is not free and is licensed to you for testing
        and evaluation only. You are not allowed to distribute
        or use any parts of this software for any other purposes."

I have never read such a weird license clause. I don't know if this will
become the license for the final release 2. So maybe one should stay to
less fancy but also less problematic and ambiguous JS libraries.

Armin