Hello Armin,

Am Mittwoch, 8. November 2006 19:09 schrieb Armin Burger:
> The function will not work in older versions than 2.x since it requires
> the new query return format JSON. This was introduced in 2.x.

OK, thanks.

> The old query result was hard-coded in HTML and is one of the oldest
> code parts remained in p.mapper. It was not very flexible and has
> therefore been modified in 2.x.
>
> A backport for 1.9.x would be quite some work and not really
> recommended. I know that the whole query part is not very easy to
> understand (not even for me...). The query was quite simple until more
> functions like joins, hyperlinks, xy Layers, group support, etc. have
> been added.

The point is that we have customized some nested legends (and a changable
Query-result) in 1.9.x.

I need to figure our how much effort it would be to update the legend stuff to
2.x

> One of the future plans (already pending since more than a year,
> though...) is to better structure the query functionality.
>
> So I would suggest to move to newer versions 2.1 if you have not
> invested too much efforts in customizing the 1.9.x that was always
> described as beta.

Thanks for your answers. Beside that my client should also get digitizing
capabilities in the future, so the best bet would be to update to 2.x indeed.

btw. are there any efforts out there which deal with digitizing above
point-level (e.g. lines, polygones)?

thanks for any pointers.

Best
        Stephan