> Hello everybody, i was trying to understand if the pmapper is suitable for
> my work. One of the most important feature i have to implements is the
> possibility to add/modify/remove points on the map. The POI feature could
> be
> a good starting point, considering that i'll need to add a set of
> attribute
> to each point. The things that i haven't understand is where on the code
> the
> POI are read from the DB (it is a postgresql, right?) and put in the
> session.

the POI is just a simple solution to add a few points to the current map. It's
stored in the session, but can also be added via the URL. If you click on the
link 'Link to current map' you get the URL with the points. It was mainly
intended to give somebody a URL that includes a point on the map, saying 'Here
am I', nothing more...

Look in the mail archive, there was once some discussion about editing points
(add to DB). I posted some script samples for that.

> After that, i started from the versione 2.0.0 in the ms4w packed edition
> and
> i tried to use, as it is written, the already installed PEAR framework But
> it doesn't work. If i follow the PEAR definitions:
>
> require_once ("DB.php");
> require_once ("query/query.php");

the path should be in the php.ini. it's written there when PEAR is installed, I
guess.

> they doesn't work because they don't find the path. But i supposed that
> the
> customlayer.php was using data taken from the DB via PEAR framework. So,
> what it's not working?
>
> Finally, i was trying to update the file from version 2.0.0 to the new
> 3.0.0-beta1 but the different configurations of the directory are not
> recognized from the old version and i've not a _project definition, so i
> have big problem in converting my project.

this depends mainly how much you customized. There are some new settings in
config.ini since version 2.1 that needed to be adjusted.

armin