Dears, i have a pmapper-3.2-beta2  running in a hostgis linux 4.2 (64 bits)
The application run with 64 layers ( in a postgis database).

The server are a dell 2900 ( 2 xeon dual core ) with 4 gb ram , 16 mb video
ati es1000.

But I see the system slow, in full extent the layer are too slowly to load.

I understand that when less layers are active (or more little are the
extent) more faster are the system.

But I need to put more layer on this system.

I need the best optimization for this, if you please do you know any doc or
Say me recommendations for max speed of layers display ?

I will up the shared_buffers of postres database to 500Mb.

The video memory (or adapter) are sensitive? ( for draw pngs? )

Best regards , I wait your news.

Cristian

lainfo(1)
Tecnología y Programación en Internet.
 <http://www.lainfo.com.mx> http://www.lainfo.com.mx
 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

logo_geosystem
 <http://www.sistemas-geograficos.com> http://www.sistemas-geograficos.com

Emails muy pesados a:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 <Tel:(++5255)> Tel:(++5255) 8589-1554
Movil, Nuevo! : 04455-1770-9888

<<image001.gif>>