did you check your php error log? maybe your projection cannot be
found in the epsg file. then you should get an error like
PHP Fatal error:  [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no options
found in 'init' file

the plugin is not a fully-featured one, it's mainly intended to show
how to integrate a tool with events etc. into the user-interface. see
the comments in the coordinates.js file for details about this.

armin