On 08/04/2008 14:18, xiaobao zang wrote:
> Help! Someone can tell me how to add new language support?
> Such as Simple Chinese ?

use one of the language files under /incphp/locale/ and translate it to
Chinese. like an example for French

$_sl['Zoom To Layer'] = 'Zoom sur la couche';

the first part 'Zoom To Layer' is the text in the code, the second part
'Zoom sur la couche' is the part that the user sees. So you just need to
translate all the parts on the right side of the '=' sign. For Chinese I
  don't know exactly if UTF-8 is sufficient, I guess at least for the
simplified version, don't know for the traditional Chinese. You will
need a text editor that can work on files in UTF-8 encoding, I use
Scite, available for Win and Linux (you need to set the encoding to UTF
under 'File - Encoding').

Send me the file and I will add it to the code. I can also create you an
account for a Web application that lets you update the translations
online and so newly added text can be easily integrated (e.g. for new
functionalities or plugins).

armin