all you need is to modify the function 'getMapInitURL()' in
init/initmap.php to perform the query you need.

For zooming to 2 countries you might be able to specify the full
Mapserver query string in the URL with the default setting, but you
need to know how to compose the query string, could be something like
   '[NAME]'='Italy' OR '[NAME]'='Spain'
one might need to encode some characters, never tried though.

maybe you can do the same with 2 fields included, just read the MS
docs about expressions/filters and try it, and check the PHP (and or
JS) error log if it does not work.

armin