Thats because you are very likely using cookies for PHP session
variables. This is an every now and then upcoming issue on this list.
Nobody however used the User Wiki to add something about this to the FAQ's.

See in the manual

http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/wiki/DocQuickinstall#PHP.INI

and then there below:

        A recommended setting is also

        session.use_cookies = 0

If for whatever reasons you need cookies for the session (that can also
be disabled for just a single site if you use PHP as Apache module) then
you can try to reset the session for pm 3.2 by adding
    &resetsession=Y
to the URL,

or for pm 3.3dev add
   &resetsession=ALL