I'm a new user and find some problem in connecting to PostGIS layers from
p.mapper.

I have created a PostGIS layer of points and added to .map file as follows:

LAYER
  NAME "monumenti_postgis"
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "user=postgres password=**** dbname=postgis host=localhost
port=5432"
  STATUS ON
  DATA "the_geom from monumenti_postgis USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID = 32733"
  TOLERANCE 10
  TOLERANCEUNITS pixels
  METADATA
    "DESCRIPTION" "Monumenti a rischio"
    "RESULT_FIELDS" "id,rischio,nome"
    "RESULT_HEADERS" "Monumento ID,Classe sismica,Nome"
  END  # Metadata
  CLASS
    COLOR 0 0 255
  END  # Class
END  # Layer

Also added monumenti_postgis to config.ini:
allGroups = monumenti_postgis, rectifyvilla_aerea_e_logoi

Still the LOADING bar goes on forever when I try to open it from p.mapper

Notice that I'm able to open monumenti_postgis with, ex, QGIS.

Have a doubt: My general p.mapper folder is in D:\ms4w\apps\pmapper-3.1-beta4\
whereas my particular project in D:\ms4w\apps\pmapper-3.1-beta4\prova_postgis\

Apart from the .map file, is there another place where I should specify the
path for my p.mapper project to access the database?

Thanks for your help,
Stefano