On 10/12/2008 14:05, TTO wrote:

>>> 3) Integration
>> I don't have a clue what you mean with that...
> sorry.
> For instance, print.xml is customized in the print of pdf in actual work.
> It is search.xml in the retrieval.
> In RESULT_HYPERLINK, pm_cjs.js.
> After that, config.ini and php_config.php.
> Two or more files will be customized.
> I did not think that it made this one file if possible.

p.mapper started years ago with one small ini file. Due to more
functionality and more parameters definable via a configuration (instead
of fix code) the complexity has been growing noticeably. An ini file was
too limited and so a PHP and a JS file were added. Defining the search
as XML is also related to the increased possibilities. I don't see much
possibility to do this in another way. The printing was before static
HTML, so the current situation did not change that much.

The idea was to have more often modified values in the ini and more
complex in the php/js_config. The only way I see would be to drop the
ini file and put it into XML. On the other hand I find an ini file quite
handy compared to XML. It might be possible to merge PHP and JS file.

The next major release will probably have some more fundamental changes
in the whole layout. The current was always a kind of workaround that I
never liked that much. One could use this opportunity to streamline some
settings. Currently I'm mainly thinking about more consistent naming of
parameters (it's a historical grown mix of everything ;-)). But concrete
suggestions and examples of alternatives are welcome.

It would also help if more users were willing to contribute to the wiki
documentation. Very few are doing so. I myself do not need any
documentation and can very well live with the current configuration files.

armin