Folks

I have uploaded a first beta version of the new p.mapper. It's named to
v4 since quite a lot changes make it not very much backward compatible
with older configurations, so the new major version should also reflect
this. Layout core has changed and Javascript libraries have been
completely rewritten.

To facilitate migrating existing configs (mainly confi.ini,
php_config.php and search.xml) to the new single XML file, I created
small script, downloadable from here:

http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/browser/pmapper/trunk/utils/ini2xml.php?format=txt

run it like
   php ini2xml.php /path/to/your/config_xyz.ini

It creates a config_xyz.xml at the same location as the ini file.

I updated also some main parts of the docs on Trac/wiki to mention the
new settings. Some parts of older settings, like some legend/toc
settings might be missing but they will be added sooner or later.

pm4beta1 can be downloaded as standard and MS4W package from
sourceforge, debian/ubuntu packages from the normal apt source path.
Demos are available as
   http://www.pmapper.net/demo/pmapper-dev/map.phtml
or
   http://www.pmapper.net/demo/pmapper-dev/map-plain-layout.phtml

Folks who provided translations to other languages than EN, DE and IT
are welcome to check missing translations and report them back. For the
ones interested there's also an online tool available to update the
translations, send me a mail off-list if you're interested in updating
the locales.

Best regards

Armin