Using frames became a bit... unusual... I could just assume that the
usage of 'jQuery layout' is not working so well with frames. You could
try using the alternate layout with 'map-plain-layout.phtml' and see if
it works better. Or try iframes, just a few hours ago somebody wrote
that they work fine with pm. and maybe the src has to point directly to
the file, not just the directory.

armin