Hi all,

I am investigating the identify and select functionality and was wondering
whether any of you have had experience doing a buffered identify so looking
at features within a distance of the location clicked. Is this possible in
pmapper as it stands or would we need to develop the functionality
separately, maybe using a dynamically created SQL statement in postgis?

Using the cgi mapserver functions I have managed to create buffered circles
around a user clicked point with selected features drawn on the map at
specified distances such as the following:

LAYER
 CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
 NAME "buffpoly2"
 GROUP "buffpoly"
 TRANSPARENCY 10
 CONNECTION "user=mark password=mark dbname=bioatlas host=localhost"
 DATA "the_geom from (  (SELECT buffer(geometryfromtext('POINT('|| (%mapx%)
|| ' ' || (%mapy%) || ')',4326), 2) AS the_geom,gid as gid FROM
sitmapglobal)) as myquery using srid=4326 using unique gid"
 STATUS OFF
 TYPE POLYGON
 TEMPLATE "templates/kbas.html"
CLASS
  NAME "Location"
   COLOR 255 160 0
   OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
 HEADER "templates/kbas_header.html"
 FOOTER "templates/kbas_footer.html"
END

What I would like to know is this do-able within pmapper as it stands, e.g.
at the moment I am using many shapefiles within pmapper and would like to be
able to draw the concentric buffered circles around a user clicked point on
the map and return the selected features on the map (in all layers) with the
select features button displaying all the features (in all layers) in the
results window. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark