If you combine all 9 shape datasets in 1 tileindex layer insetad of 9
separate layers
(see http://mapserver.org/optimization/tileindex.html)
then the search should go through all single shapes and retrieve all
parcels. I think that also the suggest definition works (with
connectiontype="ms") with tileindex layers.

armin