Hi,I experienced the same problem with pmapper 3.2 but no with 4.0 beta 1, this
one was always fine.So, i reviewed the code inside incphp\query\ and by
checking every line in both versions, I could solve it. It is not just copying
from 4.0beta to 3.2. There're some other little corrections. I had to work with
a 2 parameters search.
In fact the difference between 3.2 and 4.0beta1 was:
function: q_execAttributeQuery

[qStr] => (  "[NOMBRE]" =~ /(A|a)(L|l)(L|l)(E|e)(N|n)(D|d)(E|e)/)( AND
"[NUMERO]" =~ /4301/)

Which has no results.
But in 4.0beta1, the function retrieves this:
[qStr] => ((  ( "[NOMBRE]" =~ /(A|a)(L|l)(L|l)(E|e)(N|n)(D|d)(E|e)/ ) ) AND (
"[NUMERO]" =~ /(4|4)(3|3)(0|0)(1|1)/ )
Fixing the spelling of the second parameter I solved my problem.
You can check also: function getSearchParamsShp in search.php (depends on the
data source, in my case were shapefiles)

The only way to realized about this error is with debug (pm_debug).
I'll check your code, but just reading I mean it's the correct way and can be
also useful for my app.
Thanks.
Raul Retamozo
Lima-Peru

> Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:30:51 +0200
> From: nicc...@rigacci.org
> To: pmapper-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [pmapper-users] Search from Shapefile problem (with dirty patch)
>
> Hi,
>
> I experienced the search from shapefile problem: blank result
> when wildcard is set to 0 in search.xml.
>
> I got the same problem with pmapper 3 and 4beta.
>
> It turned out that the syntax of the query was wrong: a double
> parenthesis is added, which is considered an error (by MapServer
> query engine?).
>
> I "fixed" the code in incphp/query/search.php: simply do not
> enclse with parenthesis in some cases. See the attachment.
>
> But beware that I'm not so confident with pmapper query code, so
> deeper insight is required.
>
> P.S. is the bug tracker used, or we just use the mailing list?
>
> --
> Niccolo Rigacci
> Firenze - Italy

¡Quítate unos clics! Ahora, Internet Explorer 8 tiene todo lo que te gusta de
Windows Live ¡Consíguelo gratis!
http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/es-es/ie8.aspx