there is an issue mentioned with the library used for drawing
(jsgraphics) and IE8 here
http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/history_e.htm

try to use the latest version of jsgraphics from
http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

To facilitate this I put an updated version of the compressed JS file here
http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/browser/pmapper/trunk/pmapper/javascript/xt_cjs.js?format=txt
replace the existing under /javascript for p.mapper v4 and see if it
fixes the problem. If yes I will also apply this to the latest stable
(aka 3.2) on SVN.

Armin