http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/wiki/XmlFileSettings#query

<!--
  How to show the query results (identify/search)
  dynwin: open DHTML window
  anything else will be used as id of the DOM elment where to place the
query result
-->
<infoWin>dynwin</infoWin>

so just create a <div id="pippo"> in map.phtml and put "pippo" in the
XML config, then the result is added to this div.

armin