I've got an idea... Are you using size in text ("small", "big", ...) or
numerical (10, 12, ...)? With the default font given in example?

For me with numerical values it works.

And you are right, the label are increased (else the labels for real
objects are too small, due to pdf resolution). Maybe there is an issue
with pdf resolution parameter...