On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 08:15:06PM +0200, Armin Burger wrote:
> On 20/05/2011 11:01, Niccolo Rigacci wrote:
> >
> > is it possibile to define a custom legend icon for a WMS layer?

> you can create class entries in the map as usual and use the KEYIMAGE
> tag pointing to the icon image files

Thank you Armin,

I confirm you can create classes for the WMS layer in the usual
way, getting the little coloured box:

  CLASS
     NAME "Wood"
     COLOR 155 211 127
     OUTLINECOLOR 146 185 127
  END
  CLASS
     NAME "Bush"
     COLOR 203 242 127
     OUTLINECOLOR 146 185 127
  END

Or you can override the icon using the KEYIMAGE tag:

  CLASS
     NAME "Wood"
     KEYIMAGE "images/legend/wood.png"
  END

In the latter case you can split the label with some html trick:
NAME "Class 1<br>&nbsp;Class 2" and use a bigger image as a
background icon.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy