Hello all,

I found some problems in the suggest search function of PostGIS layers. In
shapefile layers, everything works as expected, however, in the case of PostGIS
layers, when I put the first letter, it shows all the entries present in the
table, regardless of start or contain this letter [1]. By entering the second
letter, then the filter works correctly, and only appears the words that begin
or contain both letters. The same applies to the following letters [2]. The
problem is when you put another letter, forming a sequence of letters that do
not exist in the table. Instead of the list of options disappear (as happens
when searching shapefiles), appears again all the words present in the table
[3]. This is contrary to what is intended with suggest search function.

The configuration of the search I am using is as follows:

        <searchitem name="plantas_emitidas_suggest" description="Plantas por
Freguesia">
            <layer type="postgis" name="plantas_emitidas">
                <field type="s" name="freguesia" description="Freguesia"
wildcard="2">
                    <definition type="suggest" connectiontype="db"
minlength="1" startleft="1" sort="asc">
                    <dsn
encoding="UTF-8">pgsql://postgres:password@localhost/pmapper_postgis</dsn>
                    <sql>SELECT DISTINCT freguesia FROM plantas_emitidas ORDER
BY freguesia</sql>
                    </definition>
                </field>
            </layer>
        </searchitem>

I have already tested pmapper 4.0 (w/ Mapserver 5.6) and 4.2 (w/ Mapserver 6)
on Ubuntu/Debian, with the same results. I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4 and PostGIS
1.5.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? Or am I failing at some point?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5772257/pmapper/pmapper_search_1.jpg