On 06/04/2012 12:48, Miha Požauko wrote:
> I am curious what is  the timeline toward stable pmapper 5 release?

There's no clear time line, road map, etc. The development of version 5
moves on, but the changes to include OL can be quite fundamental in some
areas. And I took the opportunity to rewrite parts like the query stuff.
This one is now working and nearly complete (mainly the support for
joins is missing).

Main big part remaining is the printing, HTML should not be too
difficult to adapt, PDF might require some more time. And tiled
non-MapServer layers like OSM will probably not be possible to be
included in the print for the first 5er release. Google layers will
likely never since this conflicts with their licensing terms.

A few plugins are adapted (mapselect, tocinfo, export), some are
obsolete (scalebar). And the larger plugins are anyway not written by me
but by Thomas Raffin.

Some smaller add-ons include e.g. better formatting of numbers and
individual extent buffers of layers for query results; additional levels
above categories; simplified search configuration for Postgis layers, etc

I might provide an updated version of the development release in the
next 1 or 2 weeks. Or also upload the whole code to the pm SVN, now that
some restructuring is completed.

armin