the error log tells you quite exactly what's wrong. A layer object does
not have the property "units", hence you cannot set this. See

http://www.mapserver.org/mapscript/php/index.html#layerobj

for possible properties. Also I don't know what one could want to define
with a unit for a layer... "units" property exists for the map object.

armin