I would suggest you try the query by point on your map file with the
sample script from

http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/export/1268/trunk/utils/queryByPoint.php

adapt the parts at the beginning where indicated.

Then you will see if it returns any results or not. If not ask this
questions better on the Mapserver mailing list since it is then a pure
MapServer/MapScript problem.

You could also enable debugging in the map file and see what you get
then as debug output.

armin