Thanx a lot for the explanation.

> <legendDynamicUpdate>0</legendDynamicUpdate>
> which is anyway the default, so you probably have set this to "1". I
guess > it works only with Mapserver 6.+.
Good guess!
Indeed, if it set it back to 0 the segfault doesn't show up anymore! : )
I had noticed some layers not being mentioned in the dynamic legend anyway,
so I think I better not use it.
Of course, now that makes a really big legend to scroll down. I will see
how I can tune it best.

Thanx again!
Chris