Kevin Clevenger writes:
Is there any timeline or ETA for updating PmWiki to accommodate the recent depreciation of preg_replace /e in php 5.5?

Seeing a ton of these since upgrading to php 5.5:
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use
preg_replace_callback instead in /home/common/Sites/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

I have asked Patrick for advice and here is what he said:

  I was out of town much of this last week, but did read the
  mailing list message with concern.  I don't have a short quick
  answer yet.

  First, we shouldn't do anything drastic yet.  I suspect this
  change will break a *lot* of scripts besides PmWiki -- it won't
  surprise me if there's such an outcry about the breakage that
  the PHP developers are forced to leave it in, perhaps enabled
  by an option.

  I also suspect it will be a _long_ time before /e is actually
  removed from PHP (as in, perhaps "never").  So in the short
  term, we can turn off deprecation warnings via the
  error_reporting() call (pmwiki.php:28).  I don't like disabling
  such warnings, as we may miss other future breakages, but
  the alternative in this case is much worse for us.

  As far as PmWiki 3 goes; I agree that if we end up having to
  refactor large parts of the core and ecosystem due to the
  eval deprecation, it's also time to entertain much larger
  changes.  I don't know what my short-term and medium-term
  schedules look like at the moment, though.  Let's watch
  the PHP 5.5 changes for a bit and see where things are going.

  Pm

So, for the moment there is no ETA, but we should probably document what can be done to hide the warnings.

Petko