This is correct.  The problem is likely that the page is missing
the targets= attribute; PmWiki uses this to determine which pages
link to the corresponding Category page.

There is still something missing...

I populate now the targets attribute myself, so that my page contains

  version
  ctime
  targets
  text

and "pagelist link=" still does not work.

When I edit the page with PmWiki, add a character and save, the pagelist
works.

After the save, the page contains the following attributes

  version
  agent
  author
  charset
  csum
  ctime
  host
  name
  rev
  targets
  text
  time
  author
  diff
  host

and the target attribute is identical as the one I had before.

Could you please let me know which other attributes are required to have
working pagelists with the link= option ?

Thank you in anticipation.

Christophe