On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, Frank Graffagnino wrote:

* Insert a marker/label/tag on the destination page. It could e.g. be as
   follows:
        (:comment tag_some-id :)

* To link to that page, use something like:
        (:pagelist "tag_some-id" fmt=#... :)

* Perfomance?  What happens if something like is used extensively?

* Uniqueness of id:s?   Maybe a mechanism is needed to help keep the id:s
   unique?

* Maybe a simpler/clearer markup would be useful?

I have a couple of suggestions. One would be to use a unique pagetext variable to store the unique id. Then the pagelist would become:

(:pagelist $:pagetagid="tag_some-id" fmt=#... :)

the ensures that a pagetext variable called "pageid" is defined as well.

For uniqueness, if you were going to automate it... perhaps the ctime of the page would be sufficient?

I think using a PTV for accessing the id is a good idea, i.e. I like the thoght of doing:
        (:pagelist $:pagetagid="id" fmt=#... :)

I'm not sure ctime is a good unique id though, a bit long for one. But perhaps wiki pages could get a unique while being created.... OTOH, if an administrator manually copies a wiki page, the id will be copied as well. There's nothing we can do to prevent that, but it should at least be possible to change the id of page - either by edting the page, or by editing some page attribute.

/Christian