One of these approaches may be best, depending on what you want to do:

1. Change the title of the page by putting (:title YOUR NEW TITLE:) on the page. Then show the page's title instead of the page's name, by linking like this:

* [ [ A new page | + ] ]

(That is, after the page name insert a vertical bar followed by a plus sign.)

2. Use the link format noted above, but after the vertical bar use whatever text you want instead of a plus sign. (No need to change the page title.)

Randy

If you just want to change the name that appears in the link