Is there a problem with httpvariables setting cookies, or is it me?

I'm trying to use httpvariables to set cookies for use as parameter values, so the user can change any parameter independently of the others. For some reason, httpvariables doesn't seem to be setting the cookies. Refreshing the page doesn't help.

Is there a way to make this work? Or another technique for this functionality? I'm trying to avoid using forms, for simplicity and ease of use.

Here's my test code:

WikiSandbox has this markup:

[[Site.SetFormat?caller={*$FullName}?fmt=title |set fmt to title]]
Cookie value: {...@fmt}

Site.SetFormat has this markup:

(:cookie fmt {$?fmt} expires="+24 month":)
(:redirect {$?caller} quiet=1:)

When I click on the link, shouldn't the cookie value "title" appear on the page? Certainly after a page refresh, right? Well it doesn't for me.

Randy

P.S. I'm using pmwiki-2.2.5 on my own computer under MAMP, OSX Leopard. I've tried both Firefox and Safari. My configuration includes these recipes: powertools, creole, wsplus, and httpvariables.