I have been trying to make a button that password protects a page with the editors' password, or un-protects it if it is already protected.

I tried putting this at the bottom of config.php, but it just seemed to mess up my pages: $HandleActions['switchauth'] = 'switchauth'; # if url contains action=myaction call HandleMyAction timely $HandleAuth['switchauth'] = ' '; # authorization level $auth for HandleMyAction

function switchauth($pagename, $auth) { # parameters (signature) of handler function required by PMWiki
#  Lock(2);
  $pagestuff = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, 'attr', false);
  $old=$pagestuff;
  if($pagestuff['protected']==true){
    $pagestuff['passwdread'] = 'test';
    $pagestuff['protected']=false;
  }
  else{
    $pagestuff['passwdread'] = 'test';
    $pagestuff['protected']=true;
  }
  UpdatePage($pagename, $old, $pagestuff);
  Redirect($pagename);
#  Lock(0);
}

Can someone please help me?