Crisses writes:
I want something similar to <URL:http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UpdatePage>http://www.pmwiki.org/wi ki/PmWiki/UpdatePage but to document instead how PmWiki gets from reading a page (RetrieveAuthPage()) to what is placed in the browsers' (e_)textarea for editing a page ($EditText). In other words I want the "EditPage" portion of the EditPage->UpdatePage transaction.

I'm working on XMLRPC, I've gotten the hang of what I'm doing, but I need to produce in the XML exactly the type of page content - markup & all - that we would edit natively in a browser window.

Is this documented?  Is there a specific function to add back in newlines and etc. before "sending it to the browser"?

 $page = RetrieveAuthPage(...); // check docs or php source
 $text = $page['text']; // plain text
 $EditText = PHSC($text, ENT_NOQUOTES); // htmlspecialchars inside e_textarea

Alternatively you might just need YourPage?action=source.

Petko