The recipe was last updated 11 years and 3 days ago, in the mean time PHP changed a few things.

I've uploaded a new version that should work with recent PHP versions -- please review the cookbook page, test the new version and report any difficulties.

Petko

I believe there is something wrong with fastcache recipe and php7.4 ;
if included, I get these error messages :

--
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home/www/dev6/pmwiki.php:1866) in

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use
preg_replace_callback instead in /home/www/dev6/pmwiki.php on line
1866

Could this recipe be checked and upgraded ? That's a recipe I use extensively