On 10/06/2020 10:54, Simon wrote:
Are the possible values for  $_REQUEST documented?

No, but for the edit form these are the name="..." attributes in that HTML form fields.

If something not documented by Pm or by me, it should *not* be considered written in stone.

And if it is, it should be considered written in wiki. ;-)

Also, PHP has been known to introduce deprecations and incompatibilities with what previously used to work. Also, the $_REQUEST variable may hold a different value from one server configuration to another

See:
  https://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.request-order
  https://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.request.php

I want to only preview if I click Save and Edit, I don't want a preview
when I click Edit

I'm assuming I need to do something like
if ($_REQUEST['saveandedit']) {
     $_REQUEST['preview'] = 1; # preview page on Save and Edit
}

Almost. It should be more like this:

  if(@$_POST['postedit']>'') {
    $_REQUEST['preview'] = 1;