At 20:54 2002-10-16 +0000, Smylers wrote:
>[...]for other people who try to parse it using pod readers that just
>implement the spec and not your slew of variances.
>
>(Similar to how people view their webpages in 'Internet Explorer', it
>forgives some errors, and so they are unaware of them as they publish
>non-standard code which doesn't work in other browsers.)

This is basically a good analogy, and I generally do like to keep mentally
distinct the spec I wrote, and the parser I wrote.  That makes things quite
tidy.

However, I do at times wonder why anyone in their right mind would write
/another/ perlpodspec-compliant Pod-parser.  Doing the first one,
Pod::Simple, was plenty hard enough.  I can't think of a motivation that'd
be worth the bother of doing it all over again.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/author/sburke/