So I refactored and generally refunkified Perldoc. It seemed a good idea at the time. You know, like World War One!

I've got an alpha version entering CPAN as Pod-Perldoc-3.04.tar.gz, also available at:
http://members.spinn.net/~sburke/Pod-Perldoc-3.04.tar.gz

I'd appreciate it if people would have a look at it, test it out, and tell me if you have any problems with it.
Once I iron out any problems that come up, I'll submit this to replace the current perldoc (requiescat in pace!).

One note about the current dist: since this is just an alpha release, it doesn't replace your perldoc executable, but instead gives you a new executable called "perldoc3". So don't try using the new options with your old perldoc.

Eventually I hope to have the new Pod::Perldoc implement the Pod-searching features promised/described/predicted in the introduction to /Programming Perl/ (third edition). Patches welcome!
--
Sean M. Burke http://search.cpan.org/author/sburke/