There's a new Pod::Simple version entering CPAN. Here's my changelog entry for it:

2003-08-12 Sean M. Burke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* Release 0.97
* Loooking goooooood.  Not smelling so much like beta anymore!
* I think this might be the last version before I go
putting "use utf8" all over the place.

* Added placefolders for "=encoding" support.  If you use
"=encoding", you'll get an error about "not yet implemented"
instead of "unknown directive".

* Rewrote Pod::Simple::Pullparser's get_title, and added
get_version, get_author, and get_description.  Documented them.
Thanks to Graham Barr for contributing an initial get_title and
then being patient while I seemed to do nothing with it for months
on end!

* More tests.

Otherwise just minor changes since last version:
* Fixed error in Pod::Simple::RTF.
* Added new but undocumented methods to Pod::Simple:
   unaccept_directive(s) unaccept_target(s) unaccept_code(s)
* Corrected '=back without =open' error to '=back without =over'
* A little tweaking to the _verbatim_format code.
* Dump routines may use \x{NN} instead of \xNN format.
* Pod::Simple::HTML now uses VerbatimFormatted
* A few changes ot DEBUG messages -- nothing you'd normally see.
--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/