On 01/25/2012 01:12 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: [rt.cpan.org #74389] Pod::Simple::Pullparser get_title should ignore
X<...>
Date: January 25, 2012 12:10:00 PM PST

With Pod::Simple 3.14.

If a pod file has index entries after head:

=head1 NAME
X<Some entry>

Pod::Simple::Pullparser get_title expands 'Some entry' in the title.  It
seems to me that it should not, and instead should replace it with an
empty string.  This  behaviour is also hinted in the pod documentation.

A look at the code in git makes me think that the same issue is still
there (l. 363 and following all the text are used, X<>  text is not
discarded).

This kind of construct is not rare, for instance it is present in the
main perl pod documentation.

Opinions?

Thanks,

David

My opinion is that it should replace it with an empty string.