On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 08:59:31AM -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2012, at 6:33 AM, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> > So, maybe we'll say "well, this warning is not fatal for a year, by which
> > time
> > you should really have gotten around to this."  Except only x% of authors
> > will,
> > and then we're back to a bunch of breakage ...
> Yeah, I don?t want to do that. Yech.

If only there were a way to get a list of which distributions depend on
your module, so you could notify the authors of any impending changes

http://deps.cpantesters.org/depended-on-by.pl?module=Test::Pod

Now, admittedly this doesn't include any dists which don't declare the
dependency but will run the tests if Test::Pod is already installed
(like, errm, loads of my code. Oops), but it's a good start.  Otherwise,
it's not exactly difficult to grep the CPAN.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

"IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the
time in computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible
to build an operating system without adult supervision."
                         -- Russ Holsclaw in a.f.c