> On May 8, 2016, at 21:04, Karl Williamson <pub...@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
>
> I have taken on the task of completing this, and am nearly done.  I'm writing
> because I wonder what other use-cases there are for this module besides
> extracting pod from a file that also contains other things.  I can't think of
> any.  And if there are no significant ones, I wonder if the name should
> instead be Pod::Simple::ExtractPod, instead of Pod::Simple::Pod?

From what I recall, that was also my use case (IIRC, I was trying to automate
producing a GitHub Pages-hosted version of the POD during a Dzil release
process).

My only comment on ‘ExtractPod’ as a name would be that all the other modules
in the Pod::Simple dist that do similar things are simply named
‘Pod::Simple::$FORMAT’, (e.g., Pod::Simple::HTML, Pod::Simple::RTF, etc.)

At the end of the day, you’ve done the work to get it out the door and as far
as I’m concerned, you can call it whatever you like. 8^)

(Karl, sorry for the mostly duplicated response to your earlier message to me.)

thanks,
john.