I have an item text list. Not all the items have content besides the text, and so the pod would collapse them together into adjacent lines, whereas I want them separated. I did this by adding a NBSP, but then I get an extra line that I'd rather not have.

Here's an example

     Category "LC_NUMERIC": Numeric formatting
This indicates how numbers should be formatted for human readability,
         for example the character used as the decimal point.

     Category "LC_MONETARY": Formatting of monetary amounts

     Category "LC_TIME": Date/Time formatting

     Category "LC_MESSAGES": Error and other messages
This is used by Perl itself only for accessing operating system error
         messages via $! and $^E.

I don't know if your email client will collapse the lines, but there are two empty ones after the two items that don't have accompanying text. Any ideas as how to get rid of one?